Sunday, February 19, 2006

Story from new years

well I just realised that i had forgotten to tell a story of something that happened on new years while in San Diego

Iowa State's football team was playing in a Bowl game that noon, so we decided that we would get food from a local grocery story and then eat in the room. I had seen what I thought was a microwave in the closet of the room and so we went and got frozen stuff to cook and eat.

We got back, settled down and I went to look at the microwave, I opened the door and thought that's weird, there is carpeting in here. then I looked at it closer and well it was a Safe. I mean when I see something that is white plastic outside with a number pad, numerical display and a door, to me that says microwave.

well, we thought our food was ruined, then I thought I only have mini burritos that are fully cooked (Lisa Wells ((from UNI who was on the trip with us)) had pizza rolls) so all we have to do is heat them up to an edible temp. So I sent a pot of water through the coffee maker and then took a shower cap, wrapped a roll in it and dunked it in the water. that worked so we could actually eat. (Later I just set the shower cap in the ground holder area of the maker (What is the called?) and ran two or three batches through the maker.

so I definitely will never forget that new years,

Later

1 comment:

Trish said...

Wow, that's resourcefulness!