Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Program Part 3

Narrator 4 (P): About that time, some wise men from eastern lands arrived in Jerusalem looking for a star.

(the Wise men and Wise woman enter stage right)

Wise people: (as entering in a little song and dance number joining Herod at center stage) We’re the wise men, (and woman), we’re the wise men, (and woman), and we have gifts! (wise people do Jazz hands)

Wise man 1: “Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his star as it rose, and we have come to worship him."

Herod: "Go to Bethlehem and search carefully for the child. And when you find him, come back and tell me so that I can go and worship him, too!"

Wise man 2: Are you really going to worship him and not try to kill him.

Herod: (looks around nervously) yes, I really want to worship him.

Wise woman: I don’t believe you.

Herod: I want to worship, I have no ambitions to power and do not feel threatened at all.

Wise Woman: ummmm, ok

Narrator 4 (P): After this, the wise men went their way. And the star they had seen in the east guided them to Bethlehem. It went ahead of them and stopped over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they were filled with joy!

Wise People: Joy!

(all enter to sing song)
Song: Joy to the World #267 (youth first verse, cong. join in rest)
(Wise people join Mary and Joseph stage left, Herod stage right)

Narrator 1 (L): They entered the house and saw the child with his mother, Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasure chests and gave him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

Wise Man 1: I have Frankincense, which is a sweet smelling incense used in temples showing that he will be a priest.

Wise Man 2: I have Myrrh, which is a perfume used to anoint loved ones upon their death showing that he will be loved but will suffer death.

Wise Woman: I have Gold, (short pause) which is Gold, showing that he will be a king. I wanted to give a bike though; he is going to have to walk a lot.

Mary: Thank you ever so much.

(Wise People go to center stage)

Wise Man 1: So how should we go home, that Herod guy (points at Herod stage right, Herod waves back) really wanted to know where the child was, should we tell him?

Wise Man 2: Well I had a dream about this and an angel told me to go another way home.

Wise Woman: I had a dream where there were dinosaurs and I could fly and had all the chocolate that I could eat and there was this dog named Kitty Kat who could talk and he told me about this flower that would grant you wishes and I wished for a bicycle and it was pink with bows and streamers and a basket and it had a bell that sounded like a siren, whoo whooo, and then…

(Wise Woman tales off as Wise men stare at her)
Wise Woman: I’ll tell you about it on the road.

Wise Men together: Please don’t.

(Wise People exit stage left, Herod waves at them trying to get them to come back to him, see they will not, stomps off stage)

Narrator 1 (L): When it was time to leave, they returned to their own country by another route, for God had warned them in a dream not to return to Herod. This is the story of Christmas and like the Angels, Shepherds, and Wise people we worship and praise this day.

(all enter for song)
Song: Love Has Come #292 (ALL)

Intern Erik: Thank you for joining us in this celebration of Christmas, I hope that you all had a good time. I want to thank all the youth who helped with this performance and hope that they found that it is not only toys that are fun about Christmas, but also the Christmas story. I want to thank all the parents and grandparents, who helped the youth learn lines, songs, and supported them.

Let us pray, Lord God we thank you for sending your son Jesus to us. We thank you for your love and mercy. Remember us in the joy that is now and the joy of this coming season, be with those who have hard times during this part of the year. Give them your strength. In the name of your son, Jesus Christ, Amen.


Song: Silent Night, Holy Night! #281 (ALL)

No comments: